Friday, July 30, 2010

What the hell is this all about? (Intro Post)

So welcome to Film Deprived! I'm a film studies about to go into my senior year of college, and I've called myself film deprived for a while because despite supposedly being a film scholar, I just really haven't seen nearly as many movies as I should have, the classics in particular. I've decided then to, with the help of Netflix, vastly increase the number of films I watch, and I plan to write something about each one I see.

I'm starting off by participating in a Nicolas Cage year-long marathon (see Deconstructing Cage) along with another effort on a film forum to get myself to watch some of the classics (and not so classics) that I've missed. When I go back to school, I might write more about more recent films; the town that I go to school in is a lot cheaper to go see a movie in than New York City.

Hopefully this'll be at least sort of interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment