Thursday, January 5, 2012

film write-up round up

Okay, I’m putting off my Hugo review until after tomorrow, since I’m seeing it again in 3D. I’m also probably seeing Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on the same day, and should be catching Shame pretty soon. That makes the future write-up list:
  • Hugo (3D)
  • A Dangerous Method
  • Into the Abyss
  • Tinker Tailor Solider Spy
  • Shame
And if I can justify spending more money, I definitely want to see if I can check out some smaller / indie films in the next month or two:
  • Pariah - I’ve heard wonderful things about it, and I really should start getting into more black filmmakers. Also, if it’s good I can recommend it to my mom, and if it’s not too sexual I might even see it with her! Always good.
  • Martha Marcy May Marlene - Another film getting a lot of praise, in particular Elizabeth Olsen’s performance. One of those things that might not be my type of movie, but I think it’ll be interesting.
  • Carnage - I’ve heard kind of mixed things about it, but I love Jodie Foster and Christoph Waltz, so come on. I have to. I’m also waiting for it to come out at the cheaper theater so I can pretend I am somewhat responsible about my money.
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin - I actually would have seen this earlier, but it got pushed back to the end of January, so oh well.
  • Rampart - A crime movie? A corrupt cop? Grittier than grits? Fuck yeah!
  • Margin Call - I’ve heard this is extremely underrated, so I think I might try and catch it before it leaves theaters.
…man that looks like a ridiculous amount now that I think about it. I am trying to see more films though now that I can; I can’t decide if 16 new releases in 2011 is a big amount or still small…(Into the Abyss and A Dangerous Method don’t count because I saw them this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment